Saturday, July 4, 2015
Moving Onward and Upward
Well, Erik graduated from elementary school! I can't believe this day is here. He had a wonderful year and great teachers. He got the opportunity to have three different teachers: Mrs. Van Blaricom for his homeroom and language arts/social studies, Ms. O'Brien for math, and Mrs. Marlatt for science. They did a lot of fun things this year and he really learned a lot. He's very excited for middle school. They had a little "graduation walk" for the 5th graders. They walk through the school hallways and all the other students stand outside and clap for/cheer for/high five the 5th graders as they go by. Then, they have the parents wait outside and one by one they come out and go through the parents who clap for/cheer for/high five the kids as they go by. Most of the kids were crying and sad, but I knew that wouldn't be Erik. He doesn't show a lot of emotion anyway, but I knew he was excited, not sad. Sure enough, he came out with a HUGE smile on his face. I asked him if he was sad about leaving West Ridge, or going into middle school, or leaving friends. He answered "Nope!" every single time. He also had wanted a mohawk for awhile and we told him he could on the last day. His hair was long so it turned out really cool. His teacher told me that when she saw him walk into class that morning she was like, "Yes! That is so cool!" The little kids and I went and got balloons and candy to bring to the kids to celebrate an awesome year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment