The following Friday the other kids and I drove to Salt Lake for the weekend. They got to play with Stanton, Jennifer, and Grandma Janet. My parents and Erik got into town Sunday night, and the following morning we drove up to Washington. My mom drove with us and Erik rode with my dad. We stopped to stretch twice and stopped for lunch in Boise. The kids did really well and the drive wasn't too bad. We stayed at my parents' house for almost 3 weeks. We played with cousins, went boating, played at the park, made some crafts, and just had a great time! Saturday evening, August 8, the kids and I drove to Boise. We got to our hotel about 11:00 pm and then left to go to Salt Lake the next morning about 9:00. We stopped to stretch once and stopped for lunch. We got back to Janet's about 2:30 pm, where Daniel was waiting for us. He flew into Salt Lake Friday night, spent Saturday hanging out with Todd and then we spent Monday visiting as well. We got home Tuesday, August 11. We had a great trip, but it was sure nice to be home!
Jennifer bought mustaches for the cousins.
He's home after a week of camp.
Riding in Dub's Challenger...finally.
Swimming.....we did lots of this while we were in Washington.
We also did lots of this.....holding Savannah. Baby heaven.
It was boat race weekend in Tri-Cities, so we had to go see some of the hydroplanes up close. Funny story: the kids only picked up on the word plane, so they kept thinking they flew. I explained more than once they were boats.
More water fun.
Being silly...
Firepit and s'mores at David and Sherri's house. We did this twice and had so much fun playing with cousins.
Pioneer Day picnic
I got to drive my dad's car. So much fun!!
Boating on the river. We did this three times and wish we could have gone more. All the kids loved riding on the boat, the big kids had a blast on the tube, I waterskied, and we all had fun just hanging out together playing in the water. Erik and Lily tried water skiing a few times. Drew and Alex even learned it's fun to go under water. I miss this!
Riding the carousel.
Cute picture for daddy.
Riding the ATV.
Checking out an ambulance and other emergency vehicles at National Night Out.
Reconnecting with friends at my 20th high school reunion. Love these ladies!!
Bowling with the cousins.
Drew got pretty good bowling left handed.
Bowling is such hard work! Love ya Cambrie!
Celebrating a strike!
Fun at Hogle Zoo in Utah with Grandma Janet, Stanton, and......DAD!!!!
More carousel rides at the zoo.
Riding the train.
Feeding the ducks at Wheeler Farm.
(I know I don't have a ton of pictures of Erik and Lily, but they were with us. They were just off running around with Corbin, doing their own thing.) Thanks for the fun trip Dub, Grandma Dub, and Grandma Janet. Thanks for being our hotel during vacation. It was a blast being around cousins: Corbin, Nathan, Cambrie, Amayah, and Savannah. The kids all had someone to play with close to their age. I had a great time being around family. It was a great vacation and a wonderful summer!!
No comments:
Post a Comment